Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What I'm reading these days

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, recently I finished 'The Edge of the World' which I hated, 'Ubik' which I loved and 'American Psycho' which astonished me. For some reason I went back to something I'd picked up and put down before, R. Scott Bakker's 'The Darkness That Comes Before'. I don't like fantasy novels that throw a lot of names at you within the first few pages. This book isn't the easiest to just pick up and read. But on my second go, I'm loving it. I described it to a friend as being a philosophical, cerebral version of George R.R. Martin's writing. It's another dark evolution of the new wave of fantasy/sword and sorcery fiction that comes in the wake of Song of Ice and Fire, much like the Godless Trilogy is. Check it out.
Oh, and a story of mine should be appearing at Residential Aliens soon, stay tuned for that.

-Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment