Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Day is Propititious


This is the face of a writer. Notice the unwashed hair, misshapen mustache and untrimmed beard. Observe the flames of passion in his eyes as he waits to be served an unsatisfying chicken sandwich.

I'm Kris. If you're reading this, you're probably either my girlfriend or a member of my family, because I have sincere doubts that anyone outside of them would care enough to read along with this (likely) doomed escapade. I've had blogs before and they've all failed. This time I'm telling myself I can do it, that it's just a matter of posting what's up in my life and how things are going. One more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

I'm a writer, predominantly of science fiction and fantasy, though I've dabbled in horror and historical fiction. If you google for my full name (Kristen Lee Knapp) you get a few hits of some of the stories I've had published. Maybe someday, if I'm published enough or I get lucky, someone will actually care to read this blog!

Or not. Writers who write for the glory and glamor and money aren't writers. They're extremely deluded or insane. It's an immensely tough market out there, I have no illusions as to that. I write because I love it. I love to tell stories and I love perfecting my craft.

The title of this entry, 'The Day is Propitious', is because today the new issue of Silver Blade was released. Silver Blade is a zine for science fiction and fantasy and my story, 'The Darkest Depths', was just published there. I invite you to read!

http://www.silverblade.net/


Hope to see you around.
-Kris

2 comments:

  1. Man, what happened to the podcasts? Those could have gotten me through work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm hoping to kind of rework all that, it was a bit sloppy last time. Hopefully rerelease some new podcasts, maybe a little more scripted this time.

    ReplyDelete